[Twisted-Python] Twisted book(s)?

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Wed Jun 3 13:46:55 EDT 2009

On 02:55 am, dave.conradie at googlemail.com wrote:
>I'm fairly new to Python and very new to Twisted.   I find I learn new
>material best from a book, so although I know there's lots of great
>documentation and examples on twistedmatrix.com, I was considering
>getting O'Reilly's Twisted book ('Twisted Network Programming
>Essentials' by Abe Fettig).  But that book dates back to Oct 2005 so I
>was wondering if it's still a worthwhile purchase - I'd guess Twisted
>has moved a good bit since the book was written.  Any opinions?

There are a few core concepts which you need to understand to use
Twisted which the book still covers fairly well.  I would still
recommend getting it.  However, there are tons of features in Twisted
not covered by the book, some new, some old.  You will still need to
supplement the book's introduction to Twisted with online API
documentation.