[Twisted-Python] PPA repo

Esteve Fernandez esteve at sindominio.net
Tue Jul 28 04:17:32 MDT 2009

> On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 1:55 PM, Esteve Fernandez
> <esteve at sindominio.net>wrote:
> I've now created the PPA (and as a result, apparently blocked any possible
> renaming of the team?  what's up with that?).

Thanks! I've already uploaded a set of packages.

> However!  Please note that people may already have their sources.list
> pointing at fluidinfo.  Is there any way to notify them that the URLs have
> changed, and they're going to start getting unofficial patches if they
> don't?

And, to add insult to injury, I made a mistake in Fluidinfo's packages (always
fail publicly! :-)), I forgot to add a ~ suffix (e.g. ~ppaX) and I'm not sure
if they'll upgrade cleanly to the official ones. Anyway, I fixed that in the
packages uploaded to Twisted's PPA, although those who are using the previous
ones should downgrade to 8.2.0-2~ppa1~hardy1 or remove them completely and
reinstall the ones from Twisted's PPA.

> Also, as per the ticket, <http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/Downloads>
> still points at the fluidinfo PPA.  This also needs to be updated before we
> change the "official" location.  Esteve, do you have wiki edit permission?

No, I don't. If you don't mind, I'd like to add a note telling users to use
Fluidinfo's PPA if they want to grab packages with backported stuff (right now
they mainly contain fixes for Twisted.web from trunk), but which are
completely unofficial and subject to breakage.

Cheers.