[Twisted-Python] [Q] twisted in a 'non-main' thread

V S P toreason at fastmail.fm
Thu Jul 16 16:21:51 MDT 2009

Hello
I am 'contemplating' two uses of twisted

a) from within OmniORB, twisted as wsgi server

b) for Python QT application

>From omni Orb, I wanted to give the 'main' thread to Omni Python runtime
system
(so that it can receive corba messages)

on the other hand, I wanted twisted to listen on port 80 to receive
synchronious HTTP
request (using twisted wsgi)

and for the item 2) Python QT application, I think QT needs to be in
'main' loop
but I want the application to use twisted infrastructure for
communication to twisted servers
and be a 'twisted' server as well

So wanted just to ask for pointers for above directions.  I admittedly
did not
do extensive documents reading on the above, so just high-level pointers
to where
I should look -- would be very much appreciated.

Thank you
--
Vlad P
author of C++  ORM  http://github.com/vladp/CppOrm/tree/master