[Twisted-Python] Possible Twisted sprint

Thomas Hervé therve at free.fr
Sat Jul 11 02:49:24 MDT 2009

Le mercredi 08 juillet 2009 à 14:31 +1000, Jonathan Lange a écrit :
> Hello all,
>
> I've recently returned from EuroPython where I got a chance to work
> with Thomas Hervé on Twisted. In the giddy rush of success I thought,
> "Wouldn't it be great if we could get a whole week to do this?".
>
> I propose that:
>   - we arrange a week long sprint in Boston this year.
>   - we ask the PSF & the TSF to assist with travel expenses for some
> of the more distant community members
>   - the Boston folk arrange a venue
>   - individuals figure out how to get the time to attend.
>   - we determine a date asap.
>
> In the absence of any better ideas, I suggest that the theme of the
> sprint be "fix as many bugs as possible".
>
> As for the date, it should be no sooner than September 7. As a
> starting point, let's say Sep 28-Oct 2.
>
> Because we'll be asking external entities for money, it's important
> that we get the details sorted out as soon as possible: when is it
> going to be, who is flying in, how much do we need.
>
> And, of course, the most important detail -- do you think we should do this?

I'd be glad to be here, of course. I don't have anything scheduled
around September/October for now, so those dates are great for me.

Regarding the topic, I'd like to at least come up with a list of tasks,
so that we can discuss a bit about them before and really get stuff done
during the sprint.

My suggestions, which may be attached to lists of tickets:
 * general twistd improvements, logging in particular
 * conch bugs fixing
 * any bugs that will make some buildbot slaves green (and kill
intermittent failures)
 * maybe twisted web client?

--
Thomas