[Twisted-Python] Deferred documentation rewrite

Jamu Kakar jkakar at kakar.ca
Thu Jul 30 15:03:16 EDT 2009

Hi Edward,

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 11:24 AM, Edward Z. Yang<ezyang at mit.edu> wrote:
> I have been prodded by the members of #twisted into rewriting the
> Deferred documentation.  You can check out the plan at this
> ticket:
>
> http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/3943
>
> Comments would be appreciated.

Your outline looks nice.  Something that *really* helped me a lot
with Deferreds was seeing how they are modelled after standard
Python flow control behaviour.  I guess that's what the first
section your proposing is about.

Jono Lange gave a presentation recently (can't remember what it was
called... maybe something about being an evil hacker or about how
your code sucks and he hates you) where he presented step-by-step
slides that shows some normal Python code and then the asynchronous
Deferred-using equivalent.  Even though I understood the principles
reasonably well before attending his talk, the way he presented them
in his slides was very effective and helped me clarify that
understanding.  If he's willing, which I suspect he will be, I
recommend you look at the slides and steal his good ideas. :)

Thanks,
J.