[Twisted-Python] PPA repo

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Jul 27 21:07:19 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 1:55 PM, Esteve Fernandez <esteve at sindominio.net>wrote:

> could any of the admins of the twisted-dev Launchpad team create a PPA? I'd
> do
> it myself, but I don't have permission (AFAIK, only admins do). We're
> currently providing packages for Ubuntu Hardy from Fluidinfo's PPA (see
> ticket
> #3102 - http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/3102), but I think it's more
> appropriate to host them at Twisted's.

I've now created the PPA (and as a result, apparently blocked any possible
renaming of the team?  what's up with that?).

However!  Please note that people may already have their sources.list
pointing at fluidinfo.  Is there any way to notify them that the URLs have
changed, and they're going to start getting unofficial patches if they
don't?

Also, as per the ticket, <http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/Downloads>
still points at the fluidinfo PPA.  This also needs to be updated before we
change the "official" location.  Esteve, do you have wiki edit permission?