[Twisted-Python] sudo asking for a password during utils.getProcessOutputAndValue()

Steve Freitas sflist at ihonk.com
Tue Jul 7 17:18:17 EDT 2009

Hi all,

If from inside my twisted program I do...

commands.getstatusoutput('sudo blah blah')

...it works great. If instead I do...

utils.getProcessOutputAndValue('/usr/bin/sudo', path='/usr/bin',
args=('blah blah',))

...it gets stuck asking for the sudo password. I've tried a bunch of
variations in the latter call, like lumping the args into the executable
string, getting rid of "/usr/bin" in the executable, changing the path
to the executing user's home directory and so on. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Steve