[Twisted-Python] (Mis)indented Posts

James Y Knight foom at fuhm.net
Sun Jul 5 16:51:00 EDT 2009

On Jul 3, 2009, at 10:32 AM, Gerrat Rickert wrote:

> ...ok, I've created a new post twice on this list twice, and both
> times
> my post has been indented and placed under a completely
> different/irrelevant post
>
> Here:
> http://twistedmatrix.com/pipermail/twisted-python/2009-June/
> 019859.html
> And Here:
> http://twistedmatrix.com/pipermail/twisted-python/2009-July/
> 019902.html
>
> ...if this post hijacks a thread as well, then it will be 3 times.
>
> ...this seems to be something specific to the twisted python mailing
> list:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users%40python.org/msg53996.html

I really don't know how that could be specific to the twisted python
list. I notice in the referenced message, Mark Sapiro says that
rebuilding the archives from the mbox file generated correct threading
for him. Well, I just did that, ("mmarch --wipe twisted-python") and
it generated the same incorrect bad threading.

Perhaps it's a bug in mailman 2.1.9-9ubuntu1 which has been fixed
already upstream?

James