[Twisted-Python] How can I disconnect ssl connection from the client side?

Atsuo Ishimoto ishimoto at gembook.org
Sat Jan 31 04:18:33 EST 2009

Hello,

I'm writing a smtp-client application with twisted.mail. Testing the
application, I noticed that timeout doesn't work in some case if
client started starttls session.  If smtp-server stops responding
after DATA command was sent from client,  calling
transport.loseConnection() doesn't close connection.
I found ticket # 2827 reports connector.disconnect() doesn't work for
ssl connection if the server doesn't send any data.

Is there a workaround to disconnect ssl connection?

Regards,