[Twisted-Python] Tracebacks being dropped from exceptions when using inlineCallbacks

Terry Jones terry at jon.es
Sat Jan 17 12:20:32 EST 2009

>>>>> "glyph" == glyph  <glyph at divmod.com> writes:

glyph> Just to drive that point home, Terry, I found an interesting error
glyph> in your initial example.  Your example does this:

glyph> info = sys.exc_info()
glyph> f = failure.Failure(*info)

glyph> but sys.exc_info() is a tuple of (type, value, traceback), whereas
glyph> Failure takes a tuple of (value, type, traceback).

OMG!  I guess I should learn to read.

glyph> So, we still have some diagnosis to do on why you don't seem to be
glyph> getting useful tracebacks from inlineCallbacks :).  Now, not only
glyph> can I not reproduce the bug, your reasoning doesn't make sense any
glyph> more either.

Glyph, sometimes I think you must be the most patient human ever. What a
friendly and gentle correcting paragraph that is. I'm sure you'd make a
great parent.  (And I'm still a child, besides.)  Still, I'd love to have
been a fly on the wall when you realized I had the args reversed :-) I'm a
big fan of expletives.

Thanks a lot. I'm sure that's going to save me many hours of frustration
and confusion.

Terry