[Twisted-Python] mind, twisted.cred and HTTPAuthSessionWrapper

Esteve Fernandez esteve at sindominio.net
Thu Feb 19 10:07:02 MST 2009

Hi all, I'm using HTTPAuthSessionWrapper to wrap a portal, which uses our own
checker against an internal service to authenticate users and I'm having
trouble to pass extra information to sub resources.

I've read about the mind object and I think that's where all that information
should go. However, HTTPAuthSessionWrapper passes None as its mind to
portal.login, so I either have to override _login() or write a method that
generates "minds" which can be overriden in subclasses to return something
else than None. I prefer the latter, though.

Anyway, I could be mistaken and "mind" wouldn't be appropriate in this case,
so I wanted to ask first here, since the mind argument seems to be rarely
used.

Cheers.