[Twisted-Python] Communication with Async Java NIO, Socketchannel

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Sun Feb 15 12:02:00 MST 2009

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 18:48:31 +0100, Johann Höchtl <hoechtl at in.tum.de> wrote:
>On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 17:20:53 +0100, Johann Höchtl <hoechtl at in.tum.de>
>wrote:
>> >Is it possible to communicate with a nonblocking Java SocketChannel from
>> >Java.nio?
>> >What has to be attended?
>>

>>Are you certain you have the correct mailing list?  This doesn't sound like
>>a question which is related to Twisted.
>>
>>Jean-Paul
>

>Dear Jean Paul,
>Yes I'm quite sure about this mailinglist. As I read in a Python book,
>twisted is the framework, which I should use for asynchronous network
>communication.

If you want to write an application with Twisted which communicates with
an application written in Java, it doesn't matter which socket APIs the
Java application is using (just as it doesn't matter to the Java app that
you're using Twisted).

http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/core/documentation/howto/index.html links
to a number of introductory documents about Twisted.  One or more of them
should help you get started.

Jean-Paul