[Twisted-Python] thread + signal + reactor.stop problem

Gabriel Rossetti gabriel.rossetti at arimaz.com
Fri Feb 13 01:37:02 MST 2009

Hello everyone,

I was able to write a small example that reproduces my problem, when I
redefine signal and I have threads and I try to stop the reactor, it
hangs. I wasn't sure if it was loopingCall or callLater or threads at
first, but from my tests it's the threads that cause the problem. I
attached the example, it's a modified version of the Twisted echo
server/client example. Run the server, run the client, press Ctrl + C in
the client's terminal (or Ctrl + break on windows) and it doesn't quit.
I still have to test if it's caused by the signal redefinition at all or
not.

Thank you,
Gabriel Rossetti