[Twisted-Python] Re: How can I disconnect ssl connection from the client side?

Johann Borck johann.borck at densedata.com
Mon Feb 2 08:15:16 MST 2009

Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:
> On Mon, 02 Feb 2009 14:45:40 +0100, Johann Borck
> <johann.borck at densedata.com> wrote:
>>
>> [snip]
>> The correct way is to call
>> conn.disconnect()/transport.loseConnection() in f1 instead of in cancel.
>
> It's "correct" in that it works around the bug in Twisted.  However, this
> *is* a bug in Twisted which should be fixed.  Then it will be just as
> correct to do it one way as the other.
I personally find it counterintuitive to have an open connection after
an explicit call to disconnect, but assumed it is intended behavior
since it's explicitly mentioned in the docstring. However for the given
example I'd still say the above is the only correct way unless Atsuo
intends to break the connection before the transfer has finished.

Johann