[Twisted-Python] Problems with signalProcess on Windows

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 13:40:10 EST 2009

Hi,

[take a deep breath and try to get over how much I dislike Windows]

So, I am using Twisted's external process capabilities in a
cross-platform setting.  Almost everything is working now in Windows.
But, when I try to stop the external program (using
signalProcess("INT")) that I starting using reactor.spawnProcess, I
get the following traceback:

            self.process_transport.signalProcess(sig)
          File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\twisted\internet\_dumbwin32proc.py
", line 247, in signalProcess
            win32process.TerminateProcess(self.hProcess, 1)
        pywintypes.error: (5, 'TerminateProcess', 'Access is denied.')

The odd thing is that the process stops just fine.  That is, it tells
me that it has received SIGINT and is shutting down.

Any thoughts on why this would happen?  I have no idea where to even
begin looking.

Thanks in advanced.

Cheers,

Brian