[Twisted-Python] installation help

Arie Lakeman arie.lakeman at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 13:03:30 EST 2009

Hi,
Firstly, I either use the built-in version of Idle on mac which is 2.5, or
I'm using ActivePython 2.6, I'm not familiar with binaries so to save time
this is what I used.  I then install the .dmg of twisted to a file I create
on my desktop, then go into sys.path and add /Users/username/Desktop, then
trying 'import twisted' I get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#3>", line 1, in <module>
    import twisted
  File "/Users/arielakeman/Desktop/twisted/__init__.py", line 11, in
<module>
    import rand, crypto, SSL, tsafe
ImportError: No module named OpenSSL.crypto

I looked for but could not find an install.py file, and reading the readme
which accompanies twisted under installation it simply says: 'see INSTALL'.
 I'm running Mac OS 10.5.6 and would massively appreciate any help getting
twisted working, be it binaries or dmg!

Thanks

Arie