[Twisted-Python] Lore to Sphinx Conversion Progress Report 2

Kevin Horn kevin.horn at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 11:46:32 MST 2009

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 11:23 AM, Kevin Horn <kevin.horn at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 1:40 AM, Matt Bone <thatmattbone at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm so sorry,  I was trying to express interest in the goings on but
>> my damn cat walked on the keyboard and sent a blank message.
>>

> If I'd been drinking milk when I read this, it would have come out my
> nose.  The same thing has actually happened to me. :)
>

>> I'm handy around a text editor/document conversion scripts/sphinx, so
>> please let me know if there are any simple tasks I can assist with.
>> Also, I registered for pycon this evening, so please say hello if you
>> bump into me.  Take care,
>>
>> --matt
>>

> Thanks for the offer, I'll probably take you up on it at some point.  If
> you (or anyone) would like to go ahead and start work on a Sphinx theme for
> the Twisted docs, I think that would be easy to work on in parallel to my
> own efforts.  As far as the actual conversion, I think I have ideas for my
> remaining issues, it's just a matter of finding the time to work on them.  I
> expect another set of eyes would be useful once I get things into a more
> understandable state though, if you'd like to volunteer for that.
>
> Sadly I probably won't make it to PyCon this year, though I haven't
> _entirely_ ruled out the possibility.  Which really sucks, as it looks like
> it will likely be the best ever. :(
>
> Kevin Horn

Other tasks that can help move this forward, but that don't require work on
the actual conversion code:

- identify branches which have lore patches in them
- identify tickets which propose to fix/modify Lore functionality
- identify wiki pages that need to be changed, and the necessary changes
- make suggestions on the overall conversion process, as documented in the
proposal.

If anyone is interested in helping out, just say so here, or drop me a line
off-list.

I'm also happy to send a copy of the code I have so far to anyone who's
interested...just send me an email off list, and I'll send you a tarball.

And if anyone has suggestions about where/how to share the code someplace,
I'm happy to listen to those too.

Kevin Horn