[Twisted-Python] zope.interface

Jared Gisin jared.gisin at isilon.com
Tue Dec 15 11:11:03 MST 2009

I completely fail to see why zope.interface is even needed. It's not Pythonic at all and it contributes to unnecessary code bloat.

What's wrong with writing subclasses? I've never had a case where that wasn't sufficient. Instead of filling up your files with all of  these empty class definitions that define the methods that objects should implemmnt, why not just make the base object from which all similar object inherit implement the required methods, and if it's up to a subclass to provide functionality, just raise an ImplementationError in the base class method and let it be a run-time error. Keep it clean and simple and let Python do its work.

-Jared