[Twisted-Python] web vs web2 clarification

ssteinerX@gmail.com ssteinerx at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 10:41:04 MST 2009

On Dec 11, 2009, at 12:02 PM, Jared Gisin wrote:
> I'm interested in a true twisted HTTP/1.1 protocol implementation that
> is robust and clean. I have no use for any browser/HTML/CGI realted mix
> in stuff. I consider all of that as frosting on top of the HTTP layer,
> so I'm trying to produce a clean, gutted HTTP implementation that does
> nothing more than speak HTTP without any cruft or extras.

Wow, if that could be pushed in one level from the current twisted interface, so that we could use it exactly as you say (without andy HTML cruft), and it could be available in Twisted, that would be a huge win.

Some HTTP/1.1 stuff made it into the recent release, but it sounds like you're planning on adding to that implementation; but at a lower level.

Any chance you'll work on helping it find its way back into Twisted?