[Twisted-Python] Memcache client issues

Drew Smathers drew.smathers at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 12:32:42 EST 2009

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 2:34 PM, MārisR <maris at chown.lv> wrote:

> Hello!
> I'm trying to write small tcp server, which doing some stuff with memcache.
> Everything was fine until I start it on production, after few minutes I got
> to rollback to old one. My script got max open files limit :( After  liitle
> inspection, I saw that, new connection to my daemon opens new connection to
> memcache and after disconnect its not closed and on new connections is not
> reused. I could not find how to disconnect form memcache after processing is
> done, or how to reuse open connections. Maybe someone has some good example
> of this? Thanks!

Sorry to post twice on this, but setting aside tx.memcache or other
abstractions over the memcache client, I never had any problems with leaking
connections; that is tx.memcache wasn't written to address such a problem,
so I don't think using it would necessarily solve your issues.  Can you post
some code for a short program that reproduces the problem you're describing?

-Drew