[Twisted-Python] zope.interface

Andrew Bennetts andrew at bemusement.org
Mon Dec 14 20:20:55 EST 2009

Tim Allen wrote:
[...]
> It occurs to me that recent discussions about splitting Deferreds off
> into their own library might consider zope.interface as a model. Has it
> prospered, as separate library? Does anyone besides Zope and Twisted use
> it? I don't know, but it might be worth finding out.

I'm not sure that it has “prospered” exactly, but a Python 3 added its
Abstract Base Classes feature[1] to satisfy some (many?) of the same needs.
So in some sense the general idea has prospered, even if this particular
implementation hasn't taken over the world.

-Andrew.

[1] http://docs.python.org/dev/3.0/whatsnew/2.6.html#pep-3119