[Twisted-Python] Deferred on PyPI

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Dec 8 10:42:50 EST 2009

On Dec 8, 2009, at 4:50 AM, Jonathan Lange wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 10:35 AM,  <exarkun at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

>>> However, if I were the maintainer, I think that I would like Twisted
>>> to depend on this code, dropping its own Deferred implementation.
>>
>> It would be pretty neat to be able to do that.  I don't think it will happen
>> unless someone is actively working towards it, though.

> If there's in principal agreement, I can laconically work towards it.

In (ahem) principle, I agree, but my agreement is contingent upon the theoretical existence of things like "a good package manager for Python" and "installation instructions on our website which clearly explain how to install dependencies in a context-sensitive manner" (i.e. depending on your platform).

Still, I think that this work is an excellent proof of concept and therefore immediately useful in its own right.  Thank you, Mikeal :).

So, I would regard this as a long-term goal.  Given the pace of our normal, non-"laconic" work, though, I think there's little risk it will be completed in the near term ;-).