[Twisted-Python] Some way for Trial to allow selective running of tests?

Phil Christensen phil at bubblehouse.org
Thu Aug 27 14:08:13 MDT 2009

On Aug 27, 2009, at 4:00 PM, Don Dwiggins wrote:
> I've been successfully and happily using Trial for a while now for
> development of a server.  I have many tests at this point; during
> development of a new feature, I'd like to have a convenient way to
> only
> run the tests relevant to that feature.
>
> I'm hacking it at this point by prefixing the names of all unwanted
> tests with "foo" to keep them from being recognized.  Naturally, I'd
> like a better way to do this.  Any good words welcome.

trial takes an argument at the command-line where you can specify a
package or test case.

for example:

	trial twisted
	trial twisted.test
	trial twisted.test.test_explorer
	trial twisted.test.test_explorer.TestBrowser
	trial twisted.test.test_explorer.TestBrowser.test_chain

lets you get more and more specific.

-phil