[Twisted-Python] deciding to use twisted or not

Mikhail termim at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 10:19:19 MDT 2009

Martin-Louis Bright <mlbright <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I am using linux, and I want the daemon to be as responsive as possible to log
events, so I think I would rather have it sit on the same box as where the log
is produced. (Perhaps I'm wrong about this?) So I'm going to try Cary's
ProcessProtocol approach, and if that doesn't work, Glyph's LoopingCall with a
read() approach.

You can also use pyinotify to watch your log file changes.
http://trac.dbzteam.org/pyinotify

Regards,
Mikhail