[Twisted-Python] deciding to use twisted or not

Chris Adams chris at stemcel.co.uk
Thu Aug 27 06:11:46 MDT 2009

If you're using a linux based system, you may have some luck setting
up syslogger to forward logging packets to the remote ip address, and
running the twisted daemon on the other box, and sending notifications
if the heartbeat from the monitored machine stops.

I was working on a project recently to set up a monitor a RFID based
access control system for building, that runs on
twisted/openwrt/linux, we used an approach like this.

The link below shows a sample twisted python file that runs on a
monitoring machine.

http://github.com/derfred/doord/blob/cd300a1cde930c07cd13d98be3e45cb89df79809/log_watcher.py