[Twisted-Python] How to do basic authentication on twisted web

Chris Adams chris at stemcel.co.uk
Mon Aug 17 07:55:46 MDT 2009

Thanks Reza,

> Generally it looks fine - but I should mention these random snippets
> of code were given with the assumption that a .tac file is being used.
> A .tac file is basically a "runner" script or driver for your twisted
> program - it works in conjunction with the twistd command-line utility
> and does fun stuff like automatic daemonization and reactor selection.

Automatic daemonization and monitoring? This sounds like exactly what I'm after.

I've been calling twisted like so for a project: explicitly setting
the process id, logger and source file here. And relying on a separate
cron script to check if all is well:

twistd --pidfile=$PIDFILE --syslog --prefix=program_name --python
program_name.py

Would using a .tac file make some of these flags redundant?

All I could found about .tac files is here -
http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/core/documentation/howto/application.html

Are there any other resources where I can found out about the
advantages of using .tac files instead the way I've bee doing stuff?

--
---
I'm currently only checking my email at 9am, midday and at 4pm.

email: chris at stemcel.co.uk
web:  www.stemcel.co.uk
twitter:chris_d_adams
skype: chris.d.adams