[Twisted-Python] Questions about adding documentation

tarjei tarjei at nu.no
Mon Aug 3 01:35:25 MDT 2009

A lot has been said in this discussion but I'll add one thing.
On 07/31/2009 06:32 PM, Reza Lotun wrote:
>> Even if I re-suggested the wiki based documentation, I think it's
>> important to be extra careful on how it's used. One thing I personally
>> hate is projects whose documentation is basically wiki-based, and what
>> you end having is a disconnected set of tips, many out of date, of how
>> to do this and that. It could be OK it it's labeled 'Tipi-wiki' but not
>> 'Documentation' :).
>
> I agree - the wiki shouldn't *replace* the documentation, but the
> reality is I have loads of bookmarks of blog posts and discussions on
> the mailing list, and it'd be nice if I could to go one place to find
> all that type of info. A "recipe" or "cookbook" wiki might be all we
> need, with the ability to comment on each. The Activestate Python
> Cookbook is kinda what I'm thinking about:
> http://code.activestate.com/recipes/langs/python/

What I miss is a comment system related to the API docs so that it is
possible for beginners and others to add small notes there without
having to make a ticket, wait for it to be assigned etc.

Apart from that I will just welcome anyone who writes documentation.

Kind regards,
Tarjei

--
Tarjei Huse