[Twisted-Python] strange exception on Python 2.6 + Snow Leopard

Phil Christensen phil at bubblehouse.org
Mon Aug 31 15:36:50 EDT 2009

hey all,

I just upgraded to Mac OS X 10.6 which includes Python 2.6.1. I'm
running the latest SVN HEAD of Twisted, but when I run twistd I get an
exception before it continues working (apparently) normally. Here's
what I'm seeing:

thrawn:~ phil$ twistd
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/Users/phil/Workspace/Twisted/twisted/python/usage.py", line
413, in __str__
     return self.getSynopsis() + '\n' + self.getUsage(width=None)
   File "/Users/phil/Workspace/Twisted/twisted/python/usage.py", line
449, in getUsage
     for (cmd, short, parser, desc) in self.subCommands:
   File "/Users/phil/Workspace/Twisted/twisted/application/app.py",
line 675, in subCommands
     for plug in plugins:
   File "/Users/phil/Workspace/Twisted/twisted/plugin.py", line 200,
in getPlugins
     allDropins = getCache(package)
--- <exception caught here> ---
   File "/Users/phil/Workspace/Twisted/twisted/plugin.py", line 165,
in getCache
     provider = pluginModule.load()
   File "/Users/phil/Workspace/Twisted/twisted/python/modules.py",
line 381, in load
     return self.pathEntry.pythonPath.moduleLoader(self.name)
   File "/Users/phil/Workspace/Twisted/twisted/python/reflect.py",
line 473, in namedAny
     obj = getattr(obj, n)
exceptions.AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'ssl_test'

[continues to print usage info]

I've deleted all my dropin.cache files, and grepped through my source
and Twisted's for a reference to 'ssl_test', but to no avail.

Like I said, it doesn't appear to be a fatal exception, but I'd like
to make it go away. Any ideas?

-phil