[Twisted-Python] A C/S Application over Internet

Phil Christensen phil at bubblehouse.org
Thu Aug 27 10:26:27 EDT 2009

On Aug 27, 2009, at 9:33 AM, 陶艺夫 wrote:
> I want to develop an C/S app over internet using twisted Perspective
> Broker. The server will run as a windows service, and the clients
> will be wxPython desktop applications.
> Has anyone done the same thing or known the trick to do it?   Shoud
> I use PB or Pyro or SPyro? Which is the best?

I started with Pyro on a project years ago, and ended up switching to
PB in short order. I was less familiar with Twisted at the time, but I
still found PB to be superior. Of course, I haven't paid attention to
Pyro in years and know virtually nothing of SPyro.

Of course, you are coming into a Twisted list and asking if you should
use Twisted or something else, so my response is naturally a little
biased. ;-)

-phil