[Twisted-Python] Clarification on returning exceptions via Perspective Broker

Matt Bennett matt at bennett.name
Wed Aug 19 05:33:21 EDT 2009

Thank you for the explanation Glyph. Having spent some time
understanding the mechanics of the jellying process, I can see why
things are implemented as they are.

In my path to understanding I came across pb.CopyableFailure, which is
where the state to be passed through PB is extracted from an
Exception. For future reference, I believe patching CopyableFailure to
allow certain parts of the exception to persist would be the quickest,
dirtiest workaround. But for the good reasons outlined I'm not going
to ;-)

Thanks again for the prompt feedback.

Matt.