[Twisted-Python] self.socket.accept() in doRead() in tcp.py has (11, 'Resource temporarily unavailable') error

Gabriel Rossetti gabriel.rossetti at arimaz.com
Tue Aug 18 07:43:21 EDT 2009

Hello everyone,

I have been trying to debug a Twisted app of mine and I noticed that in tcp.py in
doRead() self.socket.accept() raises the following exception : error: (11, 'Resource temporarily unavailable'). It seems to just smother the exception though. I read in the python doc that sockets raise that exception if the call would block, when the socket is configuered in non-blocking mode. It seems to do that because the data it receives is too big, how am I supposed to resolve this?

Thank you, Gabriel