[Twisted-Python] twisted.positioning: progress report + Factory question

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Thu Aug 13 15:35:52 EDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 6:26 AM, Laurens Van Houtven <lvh at laurensvh.be>wrote:

> Short question up front: what exactly should be in the proposed
> factory class? What does it take? What does it return?

Factory class proposed by whom and for what?

If it's a thing that creates IPositionReceivers, it should return an
IPositionReceiver and take some description of where the position data is
coming from.  The existing analogue is IProtocolFactory.buildProtocol, which
is takes an IP address.  I assume that the "address" object in GPS's case is
something that identifies the capabilities of the
position-information-providing widget and its type (GPS, skyhook, tower
triangulation, etc).

Second question: what should NMEASentence attributes look like?
> Properties? There are some proposed things in t.p.nmea in trunk.

By "trunk" I hope you mean "not trunk, the branch".  Maybe you meant HEAD?

Also, progress report:
>    - NMEAAdapters now correctly fire callbacks on receivers. There
> are tests that show this working for multiple sentences.
>    - NMEA date support. You now get callbacks with date and time.

Great!

> New things can be found in trunk at the usual places (launchpad).

... "in the branch" at the usual place ;-).