[Twisted-Python] Questions about adding documentation

Steve Steiner (listsin) listsin at integrateddevcorp.com
Sat Aug 1 23:30:06 EDT 2009

> I get it, really.
>
> I do tend to use a lot of words to get things across.  Sorry ;-).

Duly noted ;-).

> Where would we put an "inventory" project for it to be most useful?
>
>  As JP mentioned earlier in this thread, some work has already taken
> place here: <http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/
> DocumentationAnalysis>.

It doesn't really look like that effort went anywhere.

On:

	http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/DocumentationAnalysis/DocumentList

The first document is User reviewed by JoeBlow with Expert Reviews by
JaneBlogs.

There are only five more entries and only one is "completed" with a
User and Expert review.

What the heck that properly vetted doc has to do with anything is not
particularly clear.

Maybe we should have an auction?

     Auction: Document blah-de-blah

	Supplier will document blah-de-blah, work with Sponsors to
incorporate blah-de-blah into their apps, and release the copyright to
the resultant documentation and copyright to the Twisted Software
Foundation.

	Supplier will provide up to X hour of consulting to each of the first
three Sponsors (Founding Sponsors) to help refine the documentation
and make sure it can be used in real-world projects.

	Minimum Founder bid is $50.

	Minimum Contributor bid is $35.

	Sponsor1:
		I'll give $50 for someone to explain blah-de-blah and how to use it
in my app

	Sponsor2:
		I'd give another $50 if I could get this working in my app

	Supplier1:

		I'd have to have $200 to take this on.

		I'll also offer discounted consulting on the same topic at $??/hr.
to anyone who contributes $35 or more to this documentation project
after

	 Sponsor3:

		I'll chip in the extra $100 if I can be one of the first three.  I'm
really stuck on blah-de-blah and could use some help.

	Moderator:

		Ok, we seem to have a deal.  Sponsor 1 is in for $50, Sponsor 2 is
in for $50, Sponsor 3 is in for $100.

		Each of them receives X hours of help from Supplier 1 which will be
used to advance their projects and improve the documentation.

		Any future Contributors, over $35, receive discounted consulting
from Supplier1 at $??/hr. for any work related to this issue as well
as access to beta versions of the documentation and early-release
versions of the sample code.

		Please sign off on this agreement and submit your payment.

		Supplier1 agrees to provide a first draft within X-period-of-time.

		Consulting arrangements begin then.  The Twisted Software Foundation
accepts a donation of 10% of all transactions for facilitating these
transactions and to generally advance Twisted.  (http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/TwistedSoftwareFoundation
)

Just a thought...

P.S. I apologize in advance for any formatting issues with the above.
Obviously, I'm not following the coding spec and pylint barfed on the
whole thing... ;-).