[Twisted-Python] Plugin startup and shutdown actions

luper rouch luper.rouch at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 11:29:28 MDT 2009

2009/4/11 Jean-Paul Calderone <exarkun at divmod.com>:
> On Sat, 11 Apr 2009 00:24:37 +0200, luper rouch <luper.rouch at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> I would like to port my Application API based services to the twistd
>> plugin interface, to be able to retrieve command line options.
>>
>> In the existing services, I reimplemented t.a.s.MultiService
>> startService() and stopService() to do some actions at startup and
>> shutdown.
>>
>> How can I do this in a plugin ?
>>

> The top-level API for plugins is mostly a function that returns an IService
> provider.  So if you have your own version of MultiService, you can just
> return an instance of that, just like the one you were creating in your .tac
> file, from a makeService function which is registered as a plugin of the
> suitable type.

Thanks I didn't think it was so simple !

I have a last question, I put my plugins in a 'twisted/plugins'
subfolder of my project, and running them from the command line works
fine. How can I invoke them in unit tests (I need to be able to start
and stop them), since the plugin files are not in a package ?