[Twisted-Python] RE: Question about Descriptors and SelectReactor

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Fri Apr 10 09:44:20 MDT 2009

On Wed, 8 Apr 2009 19:37:19 -0700, Alec Matusis <matusis at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Longer answer: Looks like maybe you want to contribute a patch for this
>> ticket :)
>>
>>     http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/2234
>

>I will look at this at some point (really swamped with work). But my question is: are you going to use python's select.epoll() that was introduced in python 2.6 and abandon the custom C module? In that case, the check of the default reactor would be trivial.

The new epoll support in Python is partially based on our epoll wrapper. ;)
At some point, it is quite likely that we'll start trying to use it (our
customer wrapper is still required to support Python 2.5 and older, though).
I think this will only complicate (trivially) the process of selecting a
good default reactor though, since it's another case to handle.  However,
it's a pretty trivial matter overall; someone just needs to do it.

Jean-Paul