[Twisted-Python] Fork/Spawn children to accept connections on the same port.

Eric York eyork at apple.com
Mon Apr 6 16:25:39 MDT 2009

I am trying to get the highest level of performance using all of the
processors cores on a server.

In the past, a unix app would bind/listen to a socket and then fork or
spawn children to accept connections on that socket. I can’t see how
to do that in Twisted. Can someone point me in the right direction?

The solution of using a single process to accept connections and then
farm out work to child processes, while a workable solution, isn’t at
the same level of performance as children processes that are doing
their own accepts.

Eric