[Twisted-Python] twisted and logging

Drew Smathers drew.smathers at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 12:18:38 MDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 10:08 AM, Fabrizio Mancini <mr.file at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> i'm using the package twisted.python.log to log messages. Till now, it's all
> ok, but with the standard logging package from python i had setup a logging
> system that logged normal logs to one file, error logs to a separete files,
> and some special operations to one other file. Every logging instance was an
> instance of the RotatingFileHandler logging class.
> I saw that there is a rotating file handler like class in twisted, but how
> can i achieve the same behaviour above? (Three different logging instances
> to three different rotating files?)
> Thanks in advance

Why not just continue using the standard logging API?  Twisted doesn't
preclude you from doing so:

http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/core/documentation/howto/logging.html#auto3

I use standard logging with twisted without any issues for the same
use case you've described using handlers and filters.

-Drew