[Twisted-Python] official packaging

Tim Allen tim at commsecure.com.au
Wed Apr 1 21:21:14 MDT 2009

Esteve Fernandez <esteve at sindominio.net> wrote:
> Anyway, it would be great to have recent packages of Twisted for distributions
> that offer some kind of long term support contracts (Ubuntu, RHEL, etc.), but
> that tend to get a bit outdated.

It's worth mentioning that someone has recently stepped up to fix
ticket 1696 after I'd ignored it for Far Too Long, and very soon it
should be possible to build Twisted RPMs for RHEL just by running
"./setup.py bdist_rpm" in a fresh checkout.

For Debian-based distros, I hear there's a tool called "debhelper" that
apparently has some useful tricks for making .deb packages from a
distutils setup.py; I'm not sure how it interacts with or without
python-central, and I don't know how well it would deal with Twisted's
rather... customised setup.py.