[Twisted-Python] UDP vs TCP for bittorrent-style file transfer

Z. S. O. tiredashell at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 19:06:12 MDT 2008

> It's not easier to get UDP through NATs.  It's just as hard or harder.

It must be a widely held error, then, because it's what I hear every time
the subject arises. My understanding was that since UDP doesn't have the
concept of "streams," most NATs will allow all UDP packets through to a
given port one it is first hole-punched.

Nat traversal aside, I'm also concerned about performance, and since TCP
doesn't make in-order delivery optional, I'm still tempted to stick with
UDP...