[Twisted-Python] Moderately-long running processes timing out in Twisted

Steve Lewis spiritualmechanic at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 5 10:51:15 MDT 2008

We're trying to use twisted as a sort of bus, a centralized place to manage all of our SOA enpoints (mostly through XML-RPC). We have a few services that access the Oracle DB directly (adbapi). In production we're getting intermittent ConnectionLost exceptions from cx_Oracle. Most of these are queries that take a couple of seconds.

Has anyone seen this kind of behavior before? What we're probably going to do in the short term is just remove twisted from the equation for these methods that seem to be timing out. But we're relatively new to twisted and I wonder if we're doing something that's obviously wrong.

Steve