[Twisted-Python] Moderately-long running processes timing out in Twisted

Jeff Dyke jeff.dyke at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 17:56:14 EDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 3:33 PM,  <glyph at divmod.com> wrote:

> On 06:31 pm, spiritualmechanic at yahoo.com wrote:
>>
>> We're using good_sql already. We're doing our best to move away from
>> Oracle, honest! ;)
>> Steve
>
> (lots of stuff snipped)
>
> Hmm.  I was guessing about the most likely cause since the other (fixed) bug
> inhibits error reporting.
>
> Do you get a more useful traceback out of twisted trunk at HEAD?  I wouldn't
> advocate using that in production, but the error-logging bugfix would tell
> you at least what's really going wrong.

This could be way off base, but i used to see this on stale
connections being  utilized again in the next xmlrpc job, basically
timing out. (mysqldb- Mysql Server has gone away). Using db.ping()
could keep them alive, or testing the connection/recreating before
executing a new xmlrpc job.

do these exceptions occur when they are running not through the xmlrpc.

Jeff