[Twisted-Python] Moderately-long running processes timing out in Twisted

Steve Lewis spiritualmechanic at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 5 14:06:25 EDT 2008

I looked at the adbapi code and it appears the ConnectionLost exception is coming from there, not from cx_Oracle. At least that's what is in the error log:

2008-09-05 12:25:48-0400 [HTTPChannel,9003,127.0.0.1] adbapi closing: cx_Oracle
2008-09-05 12:25:48-0400 [HTTPChannel,9003,127.0.0.1] Connection lost.
2008-09-05 12:25:48-0400 [-] Unhandled Error
        Traceback (most recent call last):
          File "/opt/Python25/lib/python2.5/threading.py", line 440, in run
            self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
          File "/opt/python/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/python/threadpool.py", line 161, in _worker
            context.call(ctx, function, *args, **kwargs)
          File "/opt/python/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/python/context.py", line 59, in callWithContext
            return self.currentContext().callWithContext(ctx, func, *args, **kw)
          File "/opt/python/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/python/context.py", line 37, in callWithContext
            return func(*args,**kw)
        --- <exception caught here> ---
          File "/opt/python/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/threads.py", line 24, in _putResultInDeferred
            result = f(*args, **kwargs)
          File "/opt/python/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/enterprise/adbapi.py", line 380, in _runInteraction
            conn.rollback()
          File "/opt/python/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/enterprise/adbapi.py", line 65, in rollback
            raise ConnectionLost()
        twisted.enterprise.adbapi.ConnectionLost:

I don't know what

        --- <exception caught here> ---

means. I'm guessing there's some sort of issue with Oracle but our DBA didn't see anything obvious in his logs. Is there a way for me to tell what exactly the "exception caught here" is?

Steve