[Twisted-Python] Couched 0.1: CouchDB twisted client

David Reid dreid at dreid.org
Fri Sep 5 13:10:08 EDT 2008

Hi Henrik,

Patches to Paisley would be greatly appreciated.

On Sep 5, 2008, at 12:48 AM, Henrik Thostrup Jensen wrote:

> Also, are you aware that web2 features are being slowly ported to web,
> and that twisted.web will continue to be the official web library?
>
> I'm aware that something might or might not happen in the twisted
> web world :-).
>
> <begin twisted web rant which would be much better suited for
> twisted-web>
> Frankly I've given up following the web vs. web2 discussions. I used
> web2 as it is what I am familiar with, and I wanted connection
> caching. I have a significant code base using web2 and beside a few
> issues (for which I've submitted patches and bugs, but nothing
> happens) it works fine, though I have to maintain a patchset for
> it :-/. Twisted web is currently not an option (I need request
> pipelining and http 1.1).

Please file tickets about making twisted.web support the HTTP/1.1
features you need, this is the best way to get that support into
Paisley.

It just saddens me to see a 3rd couchdb python client library spring
up.  2 is bad enough but one being asynchronous and one being
synchronous means it can't really be helped.  Paisley development
hasn't stopped it just hasn't really needed much work.

-David
"The Unmaintainer of Web2"