[Twisted-Python] Couched 0.1: CouchDB twisted client

Henrik Thostrup Jensen thostrup at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 03:48:08 EDT 2008

Hi Duncan, thanks for heads up.

2008/9/5 Duncan McGreggor <duncan.mcgreggor at gmail.com>

> I would, however, encourage you to create a Paisley branch in
> Launchpad and improve the error handling and connection abstraction
> there. This would make it much easier for us to merge your changes
> into Paisley.

Changing the connection abstraction and error handling in paisley would make
it extremely similar to couched. The main difference would be the name :-).

I might do it.

Btw. I've created a second release of couched which supports views and
probably fixes a few other things. Just forgot to release it. Couched was
mainly an exercise in understanding the CouchDB interface.

At the very least, you may want to register your project with
> Launchpad and associate it with the tx project group, so people can
> find it easily (the tx project group, or "super project" is for
> Twisted community code).

I'll try to do this over the weekend.

> Also, are you aware that web2 features are being slowly ported to web,
> and that twisted.web will continue to be the official web library?

I'm aware that something might or might not happen in the twisted web world
:-).

<begin twisted web rant which would be much better suited for twisted-web>
Frankly I've given up following the web vs. web2 discussions. I used web2 as
it is what I am familiar with, and I wanted connection caching. I have a
significant code base using web2 and beside a few issues (for which I've
submitted patches and bugs, but nothing happens) it works fine, though I
have to maintain a patchset for it :-/. Twisted web is currently not an
option (I need request pipelining and http 1.1).
<end twisted web rant>

--
- Henrik