[Twisted-Python] Event notification and general RPC in Twisted...

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Fri Oct 31 23:26:14 MDT 2008

On 31 Oct, 04:14 pm, dripton at ripton.net wrote:
>On 2008.10.31 16:52:26 +1100, Blair Bethwaite wrote:

>If not for the Java requirement, I would say that Twisted is a good
>fit,
>and that you could use either PB or AMP, depending on whether you want
>to pass around complex types or simple ones.  But if you need Java,
>I don't know.

AMP is specifically designed to be easy to implement and extend in
different languages.  I've already done a basic Java implementation,
<http://bit.ly/3AGNhs>.  It's not particularly well packaged or
maintained, but that's mainly because nobody has voiced an interest in
it yet; the code does work and has been used in production.

If you're voicing such an interest then perhaps someone will step
forward to clean it up :).