[Twisted-Python] irc server run by twisted and (probably) django

Manuel Meyer manuel at vikingosegundo.de
Wed Oct 29 10:57:03 MDT 2008

>> But I don't know how to inform IRCServer about changes in the site/
>> db. Maybe by adding another network protocol to the twisted
>> application, where django's signals could leave a note?
>
> I may be missing something, but if you keep all your data in the DB,
> there's no need to notify the irc server of changes to the DB.
>
> The only time you'll need this user information (it seems) is while
> responding to /join and /list requests. Just read the DB at that time.
>
> What's nice about this is the DB takes care of most if not all of
> your synchronization requirements, so you have far fewer concurrency
> issues to think about than if you were broadcasting changes from the
> web app to the irc server.

I couldn't come online for quite awhile....

No, you didnt miss anything, I missed to explain new thoughts I came
up with:

If the irc server is already connected with the django site, why not
offer users the possibility of chatting via js-powered chat like in
facebook. But therefor the irc server must be informed somehow.

Manuel