[Twisted-Python] RAW Sockets, IP in UDP

Justin Warren daedalus at eigenmagic.com
Sat Oct 25 18:46:08 MDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 20:47 +0200, Lars Reimann wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am new to this list, but I have some hopefully simple questions for you.
>
> I need to implement a listening RAW sockets which gives me all packets
> at that particular interface. Next, I need to put this data into a
> normal UDP container to send it to another host, where it is unpacked
> again.
>
> I am studying all the docs now, but any hints would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Lars,

I had similar issues with the twisted.pair code, so I wrote up my own
implementation to do ICMP using Twisted.

Grab this file:
http://www.seafelt.com/software/sources/seafelt-backend_2.1.2-1.tar.gz

extract it, and look at lib/seafelt/icmp.py for some code you might be
able to use.

--
Justin Warren <daedalus at eigenmagic.com>