[Twisted-Python] Re: Win32 binaries for Python 2.6

Paul Moore pf_moore at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 14 12:58:49 MDT 2008

glyph at divmod.com wrote:
> On 08:12 pm, pf_moore at yahoo.co.uk wrote:
>> Does anyone know when Twisted installers for Python 2.6 on Windows are
>> likely to be available?
>
> Sometime after a version of Twisted exists which supports Python 2.6.
> Right now, the latest supported version is 2.5.

Thanks. In many cases, projects "just work" with 2.6, so it's just a
matter of someone finding time to build the binaries (or me doing it
myself, if there are no hairy external dependencies, and it builds with
mingw :-)) Knowing that there are actual issues to resolve, gives me a
better idea of what to expect.

> If you would like to help with some of these, I'm sure we could do a
> little bit of research and provide you with links to specific tickets :).

:-) I'm not sure how much help I could be - I wouldn't class myself as a
heavy Twisted user, and I certainly don't know much about the internals.
But if I do get a chance, I'll see if there's anything I can look at.

Paul.