[Twisted-Python] Another tutorial?

Thijs Triemstra | Collab lists at collab.nl
Thu Oct 9 13:01:20 MDT 2008

Hi Kevin,

> I would take a stab at trying to improve the finger tutorial myself
> (that is, to explain the rationale behind some of the decisions and
> why they're useful), but is someone already in the process of doing
> so?

There have been suggestions, see:

http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/2281
http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/2110
http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/626
http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/532

> (By the way, is there some way to submit patches for the
> documentation?  I still see depreciated references to mktap,
> particularly in the "Using Twisted Web" howto, even though there are
> already old tickets about removing references to it.)

See:

http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/3393
http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/3247
http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/3246

Feel free to steal those tickets from me. If you're going to provide
patches, make sure to read http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/TwistedDevelopment
and http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/TwistedDevelopment#Policies

Cheers,

Thijs