[Twisted-Python] Re: Consensus on speed of deferred call/errback-style execution?

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 26 04:49:31 EDT 2008

Hi Glyph:

> I think inlineCallbacks is neat,

InlineCallbacks are neat! InlineCallbacks perform much of what I do with Stackless Python and Twisted. One of these days, I would like to run tests to compare the two. I suspect there is additional overhead (from what I recall, I see stuff in the code like unwinding stacks/checks for infinite recursion)

>but its strength is really operations  that are truly conversational; >where the calling end of the conversation actually does need to wait for >each step of an asynchronous conversation to complete before moving on to >the next one.

And a lot of the new Web APIs are conversational in nature! I think inlineCallbacks will grow in importance as web programmes move from mashups to orchestrations/choreographies.

Cheers,
Andrew